What is a Bow Quiver?
In historical times the bow quiver was made for three hunting situations. One was made specifically for the ground so the hunter could remain stationary while firing arrows at the enemy. The other was carried to the bow and the third was carried on the shooter’s body. Currently bow quivers are made to be carried across the body with the quiver resting on the back. Also there are quivers that attach directly to the bow.
Today, compound bow hunters are the most likely to carry the bow quiver on their bodies so the quiver doesn’t hinder their shooting. They can pull out the arrows in quick succession for the immediate kill. Quivers were made of cloth or leather with a strap or rope so the shooter could carry the quiver on their body. Now, they are made of plastic or metal. We have reviewed 3 bow quivers here and those are, in our opinion, the best bow quiver in 2016. Check it out.
What do you look for in a top-rated Bow Quiver
You want to purchase a rugged and durable quiver that can stand up to the elements when you have to go hiking in the mountains to kill your game. The quiver shouldn’t fall off the bow when you look at it. It should stay attached to the bow during all the rigors of the hunt.
Ideally, your quiver should be able to attach to a left-handed or right-handed bow. The quiver should carry the right amount of arrows for the purpose of your hunt. You want the quiver to hold enough arrows so you can shoot many in succession if you need to. Also, if circumstances warrant you will want a quiver that will carry a few arrows. Just the right amount needed to kill the game. Finally, you want a quiver that is light and easy to carry on the go. Don’t forget you want a quiver that you can custom fit to your bow so you can use it to meet your needs.
|Trophy Ridge 5 Spot Quiver||19.00 x 4.00 x 2.25 Inches||$|
|Kwikee Kwiver (6-Arrow) Kwikee Kompound||12 inches||$|
|Truglo Loc-Down Quiver||17.00 x 7.25 x 2.50 Inches||$$|
Here are the top three best bow quivers for 2016:
Trophy Ridge 5 Spot Quiver (5 Arrow) Black
The Trophy Ridge is equipped with a reversible sight mount which means you can attach it to a right-handed or left-handed bow. It has a sight light and the quiver construction is 100% alumimium construction. It has micro adjustability settings and it has 3rd-axis adjustability capabilities. You can also enjoy the zero pin space gaping. Other specifications include a black alumimium color and the quiver d holds 5 arrows. It weights a light 12 ounces and the dimensions are a compact 1x1x1 inches.
- Reversible sight mount so it can fit on a right-handed or left-handed bow
- 100% alumimium construction allows for lightweight carrying
- Able to carry five arrows a good amount for most hunting circumstances
- The quiver is quiet when the bow is shot
- Easy to install on quiver
- Mechanicals fit well in this quiver
- Real sturdy product
- The product is a good value for the money
- So light to carry it feels like it isn’t a part of the equipment
- Broad heads don’t fit well in the quiver.
- Muzzys fit tight and touch the rubber lining
- The quiver design is unacceptable
- The locking device on the quiver to fasten it breaks too prematurely
Kwikee Kwiver (6-Arrow) Kwikee Kompound
This quiver conveniently holds six arrows. The overall length of the quiver is 12 inches and the arrow gripper stays pliable through any range of temperatures. It comes in the well-known black color and has an Artic-2 arrow holder. The super lock holder guarantees no vibration while walking and hunting. It only weighs 8.7 ounces, so light for carrying with the bow.
- It Only weighs 8.7 pounds you don’t even know it’s attached to the bow
- Once the quiver is mounted to the bow it will not slip
- It make no noise when it’s put on and taken off the bow
- So simple to attach and take off the bow all one motion
- Good features for the money
- Good value for the money
- The quiver has a compact length and width but sits high on the bow when casing
- Hard cases cannot be closed over the bow with this quiver attached to it
- The quiver has one position it attaches to the bow. No flexibility to adjust the quiver and the bow in the case
- The shaft breaks too easily
- Too bulky and too heavy
- A big one it will not fit on a crossbow like it says it will. The holes don’t line up on the bow to be able to attach the quiver to it
Truglo Loc-Down Quiver
This Truglo quiver is equipped with the patented TRUTOUGH(TM) soft feel coating is vibration-free. Secure double-gripper design and both carbon and alumimium arrows will fit into the quiver. It will also fit mechanical and fixed broad heads which gives it a lot of diversity. TWISTLOCK mounting bracket is quick and easy to use.
- Fits all bows better because of the mounting bracket moving up and down
- Fits both right-handed and left-handed bows
- TWISTLOCK mounting bracket can be easily removed with one hand
- Many valuable features for the price
- Has diversity it fits both carbon and alumimium arrows and fits mechanical and fixed broad heads
- “Truglow” Sticker fell off too early
- The quiver isn’t 100% secure in the TWISTLOCK system
- After a short period of time the TWISTLOCK will wobble.
- The loud wobbling noise interferes while hunting and it’s distracting and alerts the game
- Only carries four arrows which can be limiting on a hunting trip
Based on the reviews the best product for the money is the “Kwikee Kwiver (6 arrow) Kwikee Kompound quiver. It carries six arrows instead of four or five like the other quivers. It cost about the same as the other quivers but it comes with more features.
It is able to fit both right-handed and left-handed bows like the other quivers and it has a super lock holder which promises no vibration while hunting or walking. It weighs only 8.7 ounces which is very convenient when carrying hunting equipment out in the field. It seems like it’s the lightest of all the quivers. I prefer this quiver over the other models and I think it’s the best overall buy for the money. Which one do you think is the best bow quiver in 2016? Do you have a bow quiver that you highly recommend? Leave a comment below!